Methyl acetate is mainly used to replace acetone, butanone, ethyl acetate, cyclopentane and other traditional solvents. It can be miscible with most organic solvents and is widely used as industrial solvents. As a new organic solvent, methyl acetate belongs to the organic solvent which is not restricted to use in the world. It can meet the new environmental protection standards of paint, ink, resin and adhesives factories. It belongs to the green environmental protection products encouraged by the national industrial policy.
First, product characteristics
1. It can dissolve with most organic solvents.
2. It has wide solubility and can dissolve acrylic acid, vinyl, nitrocellulose, epoxy, polyurethane, polyester, phenolic resin, etc.
3. It has higher flash point and higher whitening resistance than acetone, and can better meet the requirements of coatings, paint formulations and users.
4. The application of ethyl acetate, acetone and butanone can be replaced in the process formulation requiring the use of low boiling point volatile organic solvents.
5. Polyurethane shoe materials can replace cyclopentane and chlorofluorocarbons as environmental friendly foaming agents.
6. There is a big price difference with acetone and butanone, which is conducive to the cost reduction of leather, coatings and adhesives manufacturers.
7. The solubility of nitrated sponge is similar to acetone, butanone, which is 4.5 times than that of toluene, 3.4 times than that of ethyl acetate and 2.7 times than that of butyl acetate.
Second, main uses
1. Used as an intermediate in the production of medicine and pesticides. The market basically uses methyl acetate
2. Organic solvents needed in the production of resins, coatings, inks, paints and adhesives: methyl acetate has strong solubility and is an excellent organic solvent. As a solvent in the above industries, it has the advantage of forming a solution with lower viscosity than ethyl acetate in a certain solid component.
3. It can also be used as an oil extractant and used in the manufacture of artificial leather, etc. Methyl acetate is commonly used in the market.
4. In the application of flavor, it can be used in daily flavors, but it is mainly used in the blending of food flavors, and more refined methyl acetate is used.
5. Used to synthesize acetic acid, acetic anhydride, methyl acrylate, vinyl acetate and acetamide. High purity methyl acetate is used as organic raw material in the market.
The above is the content about methyl acetate we shared with you. Our company
is a methyl acetate manufacturer
. If you need it, welcome to choose and buy it.