CAS NO: 107-15-3
1. Ethylenediamine (EDA) can be used as an analytical reagent, such as non-aqueous titration solvent. It is also used as an epoxy curing agent and is used for organic synthesis and high molecular weight polymerization.
2. EDA is used for non-aqueous titration and used as an amine complexing agent. It is utilized to determine niobium, tantalum, cadmium, cobalt, copper, mercury, silver and uranium. It is also used as a curing agent for epoxy resin and a solvent for protein and fibrin.
3. EDA is used for organic synthesis and preparation of pesticides, reactive dyes, pharmaceuticals, and epoxy curing agents.
4. EDA is a good alkali and reducing agent and can form complexes with metal ions. It can be used as a chain extension module and can also be used to prepare imidazoline, pyrazine, 1,4-diazepine derivatives, containing N2n Macrocyclic, and other heterocyclic compounds.
5. EDA is used as a solvent in the electrochemical and analytical chemistry. Due to its strong affinity for carbon dioxide, hydrogen sulfide, carbon disulfide, mercaptans, sulfur, aldehydes, phenols and the like, it can be used for refining gasoline additives, lubricating oils, fish oils, mineral oils, and alcohols. In addition, it is also used as a solvent for fiber rayon and a raw material for peptone, epoxy resin curing agents, medicines, agrochemicals, dyes, textile finishing agents, metal chelating agents, preservatives, ion exchange resinand latex stabilizers, rubber vulcanization accelerators, and antifreezers.